Sunday, April 27, 2014

Know Before Whom You Stand

Da Lifnei mi atah Omed (Know Before Whom You Stand).  This statement spoke to me this morning.  In todays message, our pastor mentioned this phrase and how in many synagogues this is written on or above the doors of the Aron Ha-Kodesh (the Holy ark in which the Torah scrolls are kept).  I drifted away from the message and started mediating on this.  Being completely transparent, I came to the realization that I don't grasp this.  And I would have to say in the American church, most of us do not.  One example, Bibles are a dime a dozen in America.  There are an average of 4.7 per household, but I would say that number is twice that in the home of "church attenders".  I counted 14 in our house, but I bet we have more.  This is not a bad thing, but if you are like me you take for granted that you have access to God's Holy Scriptures any time you want.

My prayer is this: that I will grasp this amazing reality.  That when I open the Scriptures, that I am reading the very Words of God.  That when I enter church to worship, that I am in His presence.  And ultimately, that every hour of every day that I am in his presence.  Because that is reality, He is omnipresent.  He is everywhere at all times.

Here is a great link to expand more on this: http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Meditations/Da_lifnei/da_lifnei.html

No comments:

Post a Comment